Professional Evaluation & Credential Board – PECB
Founded in 2005, PECB Inc. is a personnel certification body for a wide range of professional standards, including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO/IEC 20000, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27005, ISO 22301, ISO 26000, ISO 22000, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 28000.
Our mission is to provide our clients comprehensive examination and certification services for individuals. Certification represents the intersection of protection of the public, fairness to candidates, and often, various interests of the profession. Although these may appear to be competing interests, a well-designed certification program will be most effective in meeting these interests when its resources are deployed to enhance validity and reliability. The guidance that follows in our Quality Manual is intended to ensure that PECB develops, maintains and improves a high quality recognized certification program.
Our principal objectives and activities are:
- Establishing the minimum requirements necessary to qualify certified professional
- Reviewing and verifying the qualifications of applicants for eligibility to sit for the certification examinations
- Developing and maintaining reliable, valid, and current certification examinations
- Granting certificates to qualified candidates, maintaining certificant records, and publishing a directory of the holders of valid certificates
- Establishing requirements for the periodic renewal of certification and determining compliance with those requirements
- Ascertaining that certificants meet ethical standards in their professional practice
- Representing its members, where appropriate, in matters of common interest
- Promoting the benefits of certification to employers, public officials, practitioners in related fields, and the public